Visions and Values
SAWTRY INFANT SCHOOL
Our school motto is:
Be caring, be happy and always do our best!
Loving, Inspirational, Fun and Educational (forming the values acronym ‘LIFE’)
Our school ethos is to enable children to have the best educational experience possible. To do this we subscribe to four strands that make up the basis of what we hope each child will experience whilst at Sawtry. We believe that children have the right to learning that enables them to become an important part of our ever changing, multicultural society. These rights form the key elements of our vision for our school. By striving to allow children these rights, we are enabling them to become confident and well-rounded individuals who love school and are keen to learn. Based on the four values of L.I.F.E (Loving Inspirational Fun and Educational), the rights of our learners are as follows.
Every child has the right:
- To be shown tolerance and respect from others.
- To be shown care and understanding in regards to gender, religion, race, traditions and rights in an inclusive environment
- To receive kindness, compassion, consideration and care.
- To feel safe and able to share with others in a supportive, non-judgemental environment.
- To have a voice.
- To have the highest expectations of themselves and others
- Be inspired to do their best and try their hardest, whatever the outcome, and learn from the experience.
- To be motivated to prepare themselves for the future and strive to reach personal goals.
- To experience moments of awe and wonder that have a deep, profound effect on their memories and life choices.
- To be given challenge that fosters resilience within a nurturing environment.
- To laugh every day and enjoy their school experience.
- To be encouraged to build strong and happy relationships with both peers and staff.
- To make choices for themselves, motivated by their likes and dislikes, that influence their future learning.
- To live in the moment and try new experiences that will create lifelong memories.
- Be themselves and enjoy being that person.
- To be taught in a way that is tailored to their individual needs.
- To have access to high quality resources that enable them to learn in our ever changing world.
- To have access to a broad and balanced curriculum that is inclusive and fosters high quality outcomes.
- To be an active participant in every lesson.
At Sawtry we give L.I.F.E to learning